Name one person that doesn’t like Pink Floyd’s legendary album The Dark Side Of The Moon. See, can’t be done. Imagine witnessing that masterpiece live by the English rock band themselves – wowee. While that may not be possible, there’s something that just might come close.
Australian Rock Collective (ARC) will be delivering the goods, a tribute tour that is, to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Pink Floyd’s The Dark Side of the Moon (1973) – arguably the most successful concept album of all time.
ARC isn’t just any ordinary band either, made up of four Aussie rock legends; Darren Middleton of Powderfinger, Mark Wilson of Jet, Davey Lane of You Am I, and Kram of Spiderbait.
Together, the quartet will put of a show for the ages, set to perform The Dark Side Of The Moon in its entirety, beginning to the gosh darn end. Before returning to the stage to belt out a number of Pink Floyd’s classics and absolute bangers.
ARC’s The Dark Side Of The Moon tour comes after the band’s commended tour renditions of Neil Young’s Harvest, and The Beatles’ Let It Be, and Abbey Road.
If you’re unfamiliar with Pink Floyd’s The Dark Side Of The Moon, then have a listen to Us and Them, Brain Damage, Money, and Time – to name a few of our favorites. The eighth studio album became one of the most successful and influential albums of all-time with its innovate soundscape heralded as the pinnacle of atmospheric, progressive psychedelic rock.
2023 Tour Dates:
- Ulumbarra Theatre, Bendigo – Thursday June 22
- Palais Theatre, Melbourne – Saturday June 24
- Llewellyn Hall, Canberra – Sunday June 25
- Albury Entertainment Centre – Tuesday June 27
- Hindley Street Music Hall, Adelaide – Wednesday June 28
- Anita’s Theatre, Wollongong – Friday June 30
- State Theatre, Sydney – Saturday July 1
- Civic Theatre, Newcastle – Sunday July 2
- QPAC Concert Hall, Brisbane – Wednesday July 5
- King’s Theatre, Caloundra – Thursday July 6
- Twin Towns, Tweed Heads – Friday July 7
- Perth Concert Hall – Sunday July 9
Tickets to Australian Rock Collective’s tribute to Pink Floyd’s The Dark Side Of The Moon are on sale now. Get ’em while they’re hot!