Due to the pandemic, Elton John’s Farewell Yellow Brick Road global tour has taken longer than anticipated. In fact, it’s been four years since the music legend has been saying goodbye to fans across the world on this extended tour. And while Elton did manage to hit Australasia as part of the farewell shows back in late 2019, he’s coming back again in January 2023 for one last hoorah.
The final round of shows on the tour will kick off in Newcastle in early January, before heading down to Melbourne, then back up to Sydney and Brisbane. Sorry Adelaide and Perth, you’re going to have to travel for this one. Towards the end of the month, Elton John will head over the Tasman to grace crowds in Christchurch as well as Auckland.
Unsurprisingly, over 700,000 tickets were sold last time the music sensation was in Australia. So you’ll want to get one pretty quickly to secure a spot.
After Farewell Yellow Brick Road, the 75-year-old singer will retire from touring. Throughout his career, Elton John has broken global records, including his 1997 track ‘Candle in the Wind’ being the biggest-selling single ever. He’s sold more than 300 million records worldwide and has been touring for over fifty years.
Elton John ‘Farewell Yellow Brick Road’ Australia & New Zealand dates 2023:
- Tuesday, January 10 – McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle
- Friday, January 13 – AAMI Park, Melbourne
- Wednesday, January 18 – Allianz Stadium, Sydney
- Saturday, January 23 – Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
- Tuesday, January 24 – Orangetheory Stadium, Christchurch
- Friday, January 27 & Saturday, January 28 – Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland