Uber’s #lockdownlove offer lets you shout Melburnians doing it tough through week five of lockdown.
Melburnians are still doing it tough in lockdown and it’s hard to have a good time knowing your mates are stuck inside with nowhere to go. Hard, but not impossible.
So, to help make it all a bit easier, Uber Eats has launched the #lockdownlove offer that incentivises those outside Victoria to do the right thing and spread the love. And if you get in quick, it just might cost you nada.
What’s the offer? The first 1000 people from anywhere outside Victoria will be able to send their friend, family, or crush a free dessert or ice cream delivery, valued up to $20 (including delivery fee). The offer begins tonight at 8pm AEST (when Melbourne’s curfew kicks in) and will continue every night this week till Friday, September 4.
Local gelato maker Pidapipo Gelateria has shot up into the top 10 most popular independent stores to order from.
How does it work?
1. Enter your Melbourne-based loved one’s address as the delivery location in the Uber Eats app. When you search the app will show restaurants near them, instead of you.
2. Click the #LockdownLove banner at the top of the app to see the available selection of restaurants.
3. On the checkout screen, enter the promo code ‘mondaylove’ (tuesdaylove, and so on). The first 1000 eligible dessert orders each day made after 8pm will be able to send their Melbourne mate free dessert (up to $20, including delivery fee).
4. Press “Order Now”, then click the “Share this delivery” option at the top of the Uber Eats app.
5. Send the tracker link to your friend. When your friend opens the shared link in a browser window, it’ll show where in the delivery process that surprise treat is in real time.
People from around Australia and the world, from Karratha in the Pilbara region of WA to across the seas from our Kiwi brothers and sister and a special someone in San Francisco, have already been sending Melburnians a kind reminder that they have not been forgotten. It’s time to remind your friends and family that you remember them, care for them and love them deeply. But shhh, you don’t have to tell them you got it for free!