You could win $300 to spend on a Tasmanian holiday!
While some Australians are looking at international travel opening up, there’s plenty of us that just know that those flights are going to be a bit too exxy for us. We’re going to make do with travelling local still but to get that flying overseas feeling, we can go to Tasmania. And what’s even better, is that the Tasmanian and Australian governments have got together and come up with an incentive to get us there—free travel money.
What do you need to know about the free travel money to Tasmania?
- The ballot opens from 9:00 am 29 October 2021 (AEDT) with up to 10,000 vouchers available for residents 18 years and over in South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland. (You read that right—nobody from NSW or Vic can participate)
- The vouchers are valued at $300, with $200 for accommodation and $100 for tours and attractions.
- It must be used for travel between 4 November and 31 December 2021
- The ballot closes at 5:00 pm on 2 November 2021 (AEDT)
- Winners will be chosen at random and notified by SMS and email by 3 November 2021
- Accommodation, tours and attractions can all be booked via the online marketplace at Discover Tasmania
Why is the Tasmanian government giving away free travel money?
This is just conjecture, but I’ve heard from a friend that lives in Tasmania that plenty of people are doing it real tough. Tasmania might have escaped the brunt of the pandemic, but they’ve been hit hard by the lockdowns because barely anybody has been able to get down there for any kind of tourism. And no tourism, means no money.
Here’s a bit of info from the Tourism Tasmania website:
Tourism directly and indirectly supports around 37,400 jobs in Tasmania or about 14.9 per cent of total Tasmanian employment—higher than the national average and the highest in the country.
So, what can you do?
Go in the draw to win free travel money to Tasmania. That’s what you can do.
Save the date (9am, 29 October) and bookmark the Discover Tasmania website, which is where you need to go to enter the draw.