ANZAC Day commemorates the anniversary of the arrival of Australian and New Zealand soldiers on Gallipoli on April 25, 1915. This year, the celebrations, time of reflection and the way we honour the troops who lost their lives after months of battle are back to normal. Here’s what to do this ANZAC Day in Adelaide.
Get up early and attend a Dawn Service
Returning to normal after two years of COVID restrictions, the Adelaide Dawn Service will take place on Monday 25 April at the SA National War Memorial. The service begins at 6am, with no attendee limits or check-in requirements.
If you can’t get to a Dawn Service, not to worry. You can stand on your driveway, balcony or living room with a lit candle at 6am to honour those who have served us.
Watch the ANZAC Day March
The Adelaide ANZAC Day March will commence at 9.30am from the corner of North Terrace & Gawler Place, and is free to attend. In 2022, it will be led by veterans, ADF units, bands, Descendants Groups and spectators.
You can read the full guide on the March here.
All Adelaide commemorative services will be broadcasted live on ABC radio and television from 5:55am.
What’s open on ANZAC Day?
- Karma & Crow, Richmond: 9am – 2pm
- Seafaring Fools, Glenelg South: 8am – 3pm
- Exchange Specialty Coffee, Vardon Ave: 8am – 3pm
- Patch Kitchen & Garden, Stirling: 8:30am – 3pm
- Seven Grounds, Brompton: 8am – 2pm
- The Lab, Royston Park: 7:30am – 3pm
- Leeroy’s, Morphett Street: 8am – 1:30pm
- The Banksia Tree Café, Port Adelaide: 9am- 2pm
- Ballaboosta, Halifax Street: 8am – 3pm
- Bloom, thebarton: 8am – 4pm
- Peter Rabbit, Hindley Street: 8am – 3pm
- Lockwood General, Burnside: 8am – 3pm
- My Kingdom For A Horse, Wright Street: 8am – 4pm
- Bottega Bandito, Prospect: 7am – 5pm
- Joe’s Henley, Henley Beach: 7am – 3pm
- Anchovy Bandit, Prospect: 5pm – late
- Hnley, Henley Beach: lunch & dinner
- Miss Perez Kitchen & Bar, Stirling: 10am – 4pm
- Golden Boy, North Terrace: 6pm – late
- Sunny’s Pizza, Solomon Street: 5pm – late
- Barry’s Burgers, Semaphore: 4pm – 8:30pm
- Fugazzi Bar & Dining Room, Leigh Street: 11:30am – late
- Osteria Oggi, Pirie Street: 11:30am – late
- Shobosho, Leigh Street: 11:30am – late
- Nido, Hyde Park: 11:30am – late
- Shosho, Hyde Park: 2pm – late
Bars & pubs
- Hains and Co, Gilbert Place: 4pm – 2am
- Cry Baby, Solomon Street: 4pm – 2am
- Seppeltsfield Road Distillers, Marananga: 11am – 5pm
- Alpha Box & Dice, McLaren Vale: 10am – 5pm
- Shotgun Willie’s, Gilbert Place: 4pm – 12am
- BRKLYN, Rundle Street: 5pm – late
- 1000 Island, Solomon Street: 7pm – 2am
- The Crafers Hotel, Crafers: 10am – late