You might remember that funky ramen joint, Dunfor Noodle Bar which temporarily occupied a space within Hindmarsh Square, right on the Pulteney Street side of things. Although Dunfor is well and truly a goner now, a new retro-esque deli has refurbished the space and has officially opened its doors – please welcome Carton Deli to the hospitality scene!
Carton Deli are taking the people of Adelaide back to basics, serving a humble menu of specialty sandwiches, a select few baked goods like croissants and pastries from Market St, hot chocolates with house-made marshmallows, and dang tasty coffees by local roastery, Kindred. Carton Deli’s selection may be compact, however their fare certainly does not lack in flavour.
Their rotating sanga’ menu is currently host to six sexy sandwiches that are each packed with vast range of different flavours, those being:
- Breakfast bocadillo – cheese, jamon serrano, onion chilli jam
- Fried chicken – Korean fried chicken, gochujang sauce, wombok, Kewpie mayo, cheese (vego option available with mushroom katsu)
- Sarsaparilla pulled pork – slow cooked sarsaparilla pork, apple slaw, mozzarella
- HCP – smoked ham, cheese, pineapple mustard brûlée
- Turkish eggplant – braised eggplant, red sauce, sultanas, pickled red onion (vegan)
- Sous vide chicken – sous vide chicken, cabbage, quince aioli, pickled daikon, cheese
And if that selection doesn’t already have your mouth watering, keep a weathered eye out for Carton Deli’s sandwich specials too!
Carton Deli owner, Zac Schneider has been bouncing around the hospitality biz for a huge seven years, so it’s safe to say that he knows a thing or two about what’s good.
Now, we all know that any time is a good time for a sandwich, but you’ll be able to get your fix for an undeniably satisfactory breakfast or lunchtime meal and beverage from Mondays to Fridays, between 7am and 3pm at Carton Deli.